Monday, May 05, 2008

Sometime right after breakfast, I will endeavor to dispense with the final recaps from my recent Atlanta adventure


picking up after Kennesaw, and moving on to dinner at the Southern Museum of Civil War and Locomotive History, there to see a locomotive as famous as any I can think of, and finishing off with a short narrative of our final day in Atlanta, where apparently all pre-Coco Cola, non-locomotive history has been relegated to roadside markers.

Clearly I'm going to have to pick up the pace here. Kevin Levin over at Civil War Memory has posted twelve entries since my last one, and that was after he quit for the summer (Kevin, I don't think I'm the only one who thought your little sabbatical sounded a bit too ambitious, given the passion and energy with which you attack your blogging habitthough I figured you were good for at least a month).

Beyond the Atlanta travelogue, I also have a hopper full of announcements I'm anxious to post here, mainly about a series of unique battlefield tours I will be coordinating this summer and fall, beginning with Unseen Appomattox on August 2nd. Stay tuned.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave, Brett Schulte suggested that I try to reach you via your blog - though I'm not sure if this posting is the correct way to do that. I'm not very well versed in the myriad ways of computer communication so I haven't been able to locate another route.

In any case, I just wanted to let you know - quite belatedly - that Norman Bennett died suddenly on April 20, 2006 at the age of 81.

He thoroughly enjoyed the Compuserve Forum and the couple of trips we took, especially the people involved in those early years.

We were also much impressed with your knowledge, organizing ability and good humor. I'm glad to see that the whole enterprise continues.

I'm now in the process of sorting through his Civil War books and trying to decide what to do with them. I'm not sure if family members are interested in them or if I'll be looking farther afield.

My best wishes to you and your family - your baby boy must be quite grown up by now - and to the others we met along the way. I can't pull up names but I do remember many faces.

Janet Bennett